Wednesday, April 16, 2014

first week off

so this has been my first week off since like Christmas. I'm all done with class but still have my thesis due in a little over a week. It's only Wednesday and I already find myself amazingly bored during the day. I continue to apply for any jobs that I can find on the internet but Im still waiting to hear back....hopefully that happens soon. Ive been able to listen to a lot of music in the last few days so thats always nice. Too bad the Phillies (and their fans) suck or maybe I'd try to go to one of their games.
The entire year has been so busy that once I'm done with it, I seemingly have nothing to do. I think I'm gonna go back home to NJ tonight to spend some time with family which is always nice. I get to be back for Easter and then come back here to Penn to finish my thesis.
Speaking of my thesis this year is one of the first years at Penn where our entire final submission (portfolio, thesis...whatever you want to call it) is due in the form of a website. If youre familiar with web design we use this site called WEEBLY. If youre not familiar with it and plan on joining the TEP program, I suggest you make yourself comfortable with it. Im a little upset because I have no web design skills and Id imagine those who have better design on their webpage (combined with the depth of their research) may receive better grade. Who knows, maybe Im just whining because I have nothing else to do?
Anyway, the year sure has passed by quickly. Im thinking once I get back to Penn after Easter that Ill go to the high school I was working at just to do something with my time. I dont know if I mentioned it but last week I played basketball with a few of my students and I think today is the first day Im not sore. Theyre quick and athletic little kids. Sure was nice being able to build a relationship with em outside of school though. Too bad it had to be so late into the year. Take care for now, fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment