Sunday, April 13, 2014

last week at school

This was the last week of student teaching for me and it went really well. On the last few days the students and me got to reflect on the year and give feedback to one another for the future. It was a good learning process for me as well as a chance to reflect on my pedagogical approach this year. On my second to last day I actually went to a local park and played basketball with some of the students. I wish I could have done this earlier in the year but it was a neat chance to see the students outside of the classroom and interact with them.
On the final day of school we had a mini farewell party and played games throughout the day. The whole year seemed to pass by in a flash but I'm happy that it's finally over. Now my life is consisting of working on my inquiry thesis and looking for a job. I've scheduled some interviews so I hope something hits soon. It's going to be great to have the next week off from class and try to gather all of my thoughts for the final project. Our final paper is due on the 24th of April so as of right now I'm trying to put a little work in each day so I don't overwhelm myself.
I also get the chance to go home to NJ this week so I'm pretty excited to see my family. It'll be good to catch up with them and spend Easter at home for once. I'll be sure to write again next week explaining how my inquiry is going along with the job search. Take care for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment