Thursday, May 1, 2014

no more class

Its May 1st and Im all done with classes and work! Woohoo. We graduate on the 17th and have some capstone celebration party sometime next week but beside that there is nothing else to be done. Most of the people in my program are looking for jobs now. Id estimate that about half of them (35 total) found jobs already and the others are still searching. It seems that those who want to stay in Philadelphia are having the most problems finding a job.
Anyway Im pretty excited to go explore the city in the next couple weeks and visit everything I didnt have time for. I hear that this Saturday there are a bunch of street fairs and festivals throughout the city. Look it up, its called SUPER SPRING SATURDAY! Ive never been to it before but I figure before I leave Philadelphia I need to experience some more throughout the city.
This year surely seemed to fly by. There was a ton a work which kept us all busy but it seems like just yesterday it was July and we had our orientation. Im excited and I think well prepared to become a teacher next year. The TEP really helped get me ready to want to go off on my own and become a teacher. I still plan on going to Los Angeles so we'll see what happens. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to intensify my search and find out where I'll be teaching next year. Take care for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment